Product page : https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/106480
1. What is this EA? How does it enter trades?
2. Input definitions + On-chart Panel & Buttons.
3. Problems with the EA / Troubleshooting.
HFT Pro is a High Frequency Trading Expert Advisor originally designed to help traders pass the evaluation stage of prop firms that allow the use of HFT.
The expert uses a complex function of pending order for accurate market execution aiming for a consistent equity growth with low drawdown. Its core direction following logic capitalizes on simple price movements. HTP Pro provides clients a choice from three different frequency levels/modes of function to enter and manage trades. Additionally, its default strategy utilizes tight stop losses to minimize risk exposure with a highly optimised trailing stop function that ensures each trade is managed with precision. The combination of advanced order management and risk control plays a key role in achieving consistent equity growth. High Frequency Trade strategies like the ones in this expert are known to not work well with retail live accounts due to slippage and other restrictions from brokers, for this reason the expert is best to be used with brokers/account types known to allow HFT strategies.
- Order Comment.– Comment displayed on each trade taken.
- Magic Number. – Number the EA uses to associate trades with itself – you only need to change the magic number if you are using the EA on two charts of the same pair, each chart would then need a different magic number.
- Show On Chart Comment.– Set true will display information on chart.
- Chart Panel Mode. – ‘Panel_’ – Draws a moveable panel with information on chart. – ‘Comment_’ – Displays a on chart comment on the left side of the screen.
- Panel Text. – Panel text color.
- Sell Color. – Panel sell color.
- Buy Color. – Panel buy color.
- Text Size. – Panel text size.
- Draw Line. – True will draw a line at the breakeven point for open trades.
- BE Line. – Color used for the breakeven line.
- Draw Profit Labels. – True will draw closed profit labels on chart.
- Profit Label Mode. – What to display inside the profit lables, currency amount, pips or both.
- Profit Labels. – Color used for the profit lables.
- Order Frequency. – ‘Reduced‘ – The expert will be less reactive to ‘Order Offset’ movements in price and will close one side of pending orders when one side is opened. ‘High_‘ – The expert will trade very frequently using the ‘Order Offset’ input movement in price / 3. Pending orders will be closed when one side is opened. ‘Extreme‘ – The expert will open both sides of pending order from either signal and has function to adjust the price of pending orders. (Extreme mode causes hyperactivity warning very quickly, so please use cautiously.)
- Order Offset. – The distance price must move to trigger pending orders and the distance from price that an order will be opened at.
- Max Spread. – Max spread allowed to open a trade – In pips.
- Max Slippage. – Max slippage allowed to open a trade – used for brokers that may require a requote.
- Max Lot Size Allowed. – Max lot size allowed to be reached and/or placed.
- Allow Hedge Trades. – True will take and manage opposite direction trade signals while already in an open trade.
- Close Trades If Equity Drops Below. – The EA will close all open trades if the accounts floating equity drops below this percent amount of the total account balance. – (Account Balance Percent) – (Active > 0.0)
- Only Open Trades Above Free Margin. – The EA will only open new trades when the accounts floating free margin is above this percent amount of the total account balance. – (Account Balance Percent) – (Active > 0.0)
- Limit Trade Time. – True will allow trades from ‘Start Time’ until ‘Stop Time’ – Trades still open after hours will continue to be managed.
- Start Time 1. – Time1 to allow trades from. When ‘Limit Trade Time’ is set true.
- Stop Time 1. – Time1 to stop trades at. When ‘Limit Trade Time’ is set true.
- Start Time 2.
- Stop Time 2.
- Start Time 3.
- Stop Time 3.
- Trade Monday.
- Trade Tuesday.
- Trade Wednesday.
- Trade Thursday.
- Trade Friday.
- Stop Trade Before Weekend. – True will stop the expert from placing trades and close any pending orders from Friday 18:00 until 23:59.
- Skip Monday Market Open. – True will stop the expert placing trades on market open until after 03:00 Monday morning.
- Trade Saturday.
- Trade Sunday.
- Auto Money Management. – True will allow the EA to adjust the base lot in accordance with the account balance and the ‘Auto Risk Percent’ set.
- Auto Risk Percent. – (1 == 0.01 per 100USD) – Defines the risk used in the Auto Money Management. 1 being equal to 0.01 lots per 100 in account currency.
- Base_Lot. – The first lot size placed. (When Auto Money Management is set false)
- Stop Loss. – (Pips)
- Take Profit. – (Pips)
- Use Trail StopLoss. – True will allow the EA to adjust the stop loss as orders move into profit.
- Trail Start From. – Pips into profit to start the trailing stop.
- Move Trail Stop To. – Once activated move the stop this many pips into profit.
- Trail Step. – Adjust the stop loss further into profit when price moves this many pips.
- Stop Trading Today After. – Account percent amount of profit needed to be closed for the expert to stop trading for the current day.
- Use News Filter. – When true the expert will draw vertical lines onto the chart at times where news events land, the expert will stop placing new trades the input minutes before an event and will hold off placing trades until time has passed the input minuets after the event.
- Only Draw Future Lines. – Set true will draw only draw lines in front of the current time.
- Filter Low News. – True will stop new trades being placed from the input minuets before a low news event until the input minuets after.
- Filter Mild News. – True will stop new trades being placed from the input minuets before a mild news event until the input minuets after.
- Filter High News. – True will stop new trades being placed from the input minuets before a high news event until the input minuets after.
- Minuets To Stop Trading Before Event. – The specified minuets to stop placing new trades before an event.
- Minuets To Stop Trading After Event. – The specified minuets to start placing new trades after an event.
- Low Event Line. – Color used for low event lines.
- Mild Event Line. – Color used for mild event lines.
- High Event Line. – Color used for high event lines.
- Market Watch TimeZone. – The GMT offset for your brokers data – (Most brokers are GMT+2)
I am always happy to help with set up or if any problems emerge, please message me for assistance.
Some basic checks users can make before contacting me with problems are –
– At the top of the terminal please ensure the ‘ AutoTrading ‘ button is pushed in, and has a small green icon like the picture to the left.
– At the top left of the terminal go to ‘ Tools – Options ‘.
– In ‘ Tools – Options ‘, go to the ‘ Expert Advisors ‘ tab, please make sure, ‘ Allow automated trading ‘ & ‘ Allow WebRequest for listed URL: ‘, are checked.
– To use the news filter the following web address needs to be added to the WebRequest URL list : ‘ https://nfs.faireconomy.media/ ‘
– When loading the expert onto a chart please make sure that in the common tab, ‘ Allow live trading ‘ is checked.
– If you have a set file please go to the ‘ Inputs ‘ tab, press the ‘ Load ‘ button, then click the set file you need to load, press ‘ OK ‘.
– In the top right of the chart you will see a smiley face if all the steps are followed correctly and the expert will start to search for trades.
– Please check if the spread of your loaded chart is below the number set in the max spread input.
If you have any problems please contact me using one of the links below.